I have started blogging recently, so it came as a pleasant surprise when I was nominated for Liebster Award by Ee Waun of The Runaway Palate. She writes about travel and cooking….the two things that are dear to me. Along with her writings, her blog carries beautiful pictures. That is the reason I was attracted towards this blog. I have also come to know about some interesting Chinese customs through her blog. Thanks a lot Ee for nominating me!
The Liebster Award is a blogging relay, where bloggers — particularly new ones , recommend others for the award. This way, we can better connect, communicate and get to know more about each other. It’s always a good thing to cultivate a more connected community; hands across the world, as they say.
Here’s what you need to do for the Liebster Award:
1. Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you and display the award
2. Answer 10 question that blogger gives you
3. Give 10 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 10 blogs with under 200 followers
5. Notify the bloggers that you have nominated them
6. Give them 10 questions to answer
Here are the answers to the 10 questions Ee gave me:
1. Why do you blog?
I am fond of cooking, and used to share recipes of many dishes with my friends. Now, since my children are grown up, I had some spare time. So I decided to write a blog and share recipes.
2. Where do you get your writing ideas/inspiration?
My son is fond of trying new cuisines, and eggs me on to try something new every day. If something clicks, I quickly upload the recipe on my blog.
3. Does your blog have a regular feature? If so, what is it? If not, what would you do as a regular feature?
Since it is a food blog, regular feature is the recipe. I share one recipe every week. I am now trying to fix a day such as Friday, but am not successful yet, as I am new to blogging, and have shifted to self hosting few days back. I am struggling with new themes, plugins and many more new things I am not familiar with.
4. Morning person or night owl?
I am a morning person. Fresh morning air, chirping of birds, and morning walks are recipes of a good start of a day.
5. What do you do to relax?
Listening to soft music, and reading are two hobbies that help me relax.
6. Favourite travel memory?
A trip with family to Kerala, the Southern State of India, it’s beautiful Kovalam Beach, and boating in backwaters is my most memorable trip.
7. What’s your pet hate?
Nothing specific. I don’t like dishonest people.
8. Most memorable meal or food-related experience?
I love food and have many fond memories related to food cooked by my mother.
I also remember a quaint experience of eating Maggi (instant noodles) at Sonmarg on the Himalayas. Vendors there carry kerosene stove and utensils up the mountains, and prepare piping hot Maggi for the tourists visiting the glacier. In extreme cold weather, Maggi and tea are perfect to provide you warmth and energy.
9. If you could travel back in time, what point in history or event would you go to and why?
I will like to go to 1950s. That was the time when India had recently got Independence, people had big dreams, and high moral and ideological values.
10. If you were a ghost, where would you haunt, what would you do and why?
Oh my gosh! I am really afraid of ghosts, and even thinking of myself as a ghost is giving me goose bumps!!!!
10 random facts about myself:
- I am calm and quiet.
- I love to sing and paint.
- I love gardening, and can spend hours amidst flowers and trees.
- Cooking is my passion, and I like to try various cuisines.
- For many years I was a Physics teacher, and I enjoy interacting with children and youngsters.
- I do not have hundreds of friends, but if I make a friend, I stand by that person through thick and thin.
- Many a times I lack self confidence. I am trying to improve myself in this area.
- I almost drowned in a water tank when I was a child. I am alive today thanks to an electrician working in the vicinity, who noticed me disappear and came looking for me.
- I love mangoes and if they were not laden with so many calories, could have eaten them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- My family is my first priority, and am most happy when surrounded by them.
And here are my nominations:
- Chinni’s Corner
- Conquer The Now
- In Sync With The Universe
- Memory Issues
- Mio’s hot food
- Olive These Words
- Jaipur Thru My Lens
My 10 questions for you:
- Which is your favorite blog?
- When did you start blogging and why?
- What are the best things about your blog? (Go on, let’s have some shameless self promotion!)
- What’s your favorite city, and why?
- If you won the lottery what’s the first thing you’d buy?
- What was the last film you saw?
- What is your favorite food item?
- What do you use to take pictures for your blog?
- Movies or novels?
- What’s the best mistake you’ve ever made?
Finally, don’t forget write 10 random facts about yourself.
Hope you’ll have fun with my questions, and pass on the love to your nominated 10!